- Post a comment to this blog and tell me 1. How long your book club has been together AND 2. What your favorite book club book has been to date.
- You don’t have to be the leader of your club to enter and your other club members can post a comment, too, to increase your club’s chances of winning. (Just one comment per person, though, and I must limit this giveaway to US dwellers. My profound apologies, international friends…)
- The contest will run from now until Friday, Nov 11 at 9 AM Pacific, which is the day my fabulous book club will meet. Your comment will be given a number (based on when you enter your comment) and At 9 AM on November 11, I will let random.com choose the winner by number!
- Make sure that you check back on November 11 to see who the winner is, because it could be you!
- I will pack up the eight books and send them to the winner, and I will sign them based on the names the winner gives me. It will be the winner’s joy to pass out the books to their other club members.
- After you’ve read the book and are ready to discuss it, I will send you Pearl’s Caramel Cake to arrive in time for your meeting. And we can decide then if you would like a phone call or a Skype session with your group!
If you aren’t in a book club, this would be a great way to start one. All you need are six or seven people who live near enough to meet, and who enjoy books and talking about them. Start a club! You have ten days to gather some reading friends together before the November 11 deadline. And I bet you will want to stay together after you’ve read this book and found out how wonderful it is to read a book with friends and then talk about it. And eat something fun.
I love my book club gals. I’ve been in this club for four years and our favorite book to date is probably Kathryn Stockett’s The Help. Other faves have been The Art of Racing in the Rain, The Thirteenth Tale and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. We call ourselves the Zip It Book Club because when we get together we have a very hard time NOT talking to each other and our leader is forever having to tell pairs of us to “zip it” so that we can all participate in the same conversation! No joke. If she didn’t tell us to zip it we would never actually get to the book. . . We are discussing A Sound Among the Trees on November 11. Guess what I am bringing to the food table? Hint: There’s caramel in it . . .
Let the giveaway begin!! Start posting to this post!!