My dear friend Mary tagged me this afternoon to play Eight Random Things. I was never very good at tag (worse at tether ball and dodgeball) but I shall give it my best. Here are eight random things about me. And if you read to the end you will see whom I have tagged!
First, these are the rules:
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
EIGHT RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME:
1. I have two crooked pinkies. They bend at the second knuckle at an artsy 24-degree angle towards the ring fingers. I used to pretend my pinkies were little girls, the ring fingers were the mommies, the middle fingers were the daddies, the pointers were the big sisters, and the thumbs were the pudgy brothers who insisted on standing two steps below the rest of the family. No joke.
2. I sang with my high school ensemble at Disneyland.
3. I don’t like mayo.
4. My sister, Lauren, (two years older than me) told me once that white butterflies suck your blood. I believed her. I still cringe when I see one.
5. I detest escalators. They scare me witless. I take the elevator or stationary stairs if given the choice. If I have no choice, I have to hesitate, count, and pray before committing to one.
6. I grew up on calamari, artichokes and avocados. My mom is a great cook.
7. I once bought a ticket to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower. When I got to that square thingy—the gift shop and observation deck that’s slightly above ground level — I chickened out. It’s my life dream to go back and take the top.
8. I’ve always wished I could play the violin.